Unit One Friendship
第一单元 友谊
Reading
阅读
Anne's Best Friend
安妮最好的朋友
Do you want a friend whom you could tell everything to, like your deepest feelings and thoughts?
你想不想有一位无话不谈能推心置腹的朋友?
Or are you afraid that your friend would laugh at you, or would not understand what you are going through?
或者你会不会担心你的朋友会嘲笑你,会不理解你目前的困境呢?
Anne Frank wanted the first kind, so she made her diary her best friend.
安妮·弗兰克想要的是第一种类型的朋友,所以她把的日记视为自己最好的朋友。
Anne lived in Amsterdam in the Netherlands during World War II.
安妮在第二次世界大战期间住在荷兰的阿姆斯特丹。
Her family was Jewish, so they had to hide or they would be caught by the German Nazis.
她一家人都是犹太人,所以他们不得不躲藏起来,否则就会被德国的纳粹分子抓去。
She and her family hid away for nearly twenty-five months before they were discovered.
她和她的家人躲藏了25个月之后被发现了。
During that time the only true friend was her diary.
在那段时期,她的日记成了她唯一忠实的朋友。
She said, “I don't want to set down a series of facts in a diary as most people do,
她说:“我不愿像大多数人那样在日记中记流水账。
but I want this diary itself to be my friend, and I shall call my friend Kitty.
我要把我的日记当作自己的朋友,我把我的这个朋友叫做基蒂。
Now read how she felt after being in the hiding place since July 1942.
现在,来看看安妮自1942年7月起躲进藏身处后的那种心情吧。
Thursday 15, June, 1944
1944年6月15日,星期四
Dear kitty,
亲爱的基蒂,
I wonder if it's because I haven't been able to be outdoors for so long that I've grown so crazy about everything to do with nature.
我不知道这是不是因为我太久无法出门的缘故,我变得对一切与大自然有关的事物都无比狂热。
I can well remember that there was a time when a deep blue sky, the song of the birds, moonlight and flowers could never have kept me spellbound.
我记得非常清楚,以前,湛蓝的天空、鸟儿的歌唱、月光和鲜花,从未令我心迷神往过。
That's changed since I came here.
自从我来到这里之后,这一切都变了。
For example, one evening, when it was so warm, I stayed awake on purpose until half past eleven in order to have a good look at the moon by myself.
比如说,有一天晚上天气很暖和,我故意熬到晚上11点半都不睡觉,为的就是能独自好好地看看月亮。
But as the moon gave far too much light, I didn't dare open a window.
但是因为月光太亮了,我都不敢打开窗户。
Another time five months ago, I happened to be upstairs at dusk when the window was open.
还有一次,就在五个月以前,黄昏时分,我碰巧在楼上,窗户是开着的,
I didn't go downstairs until the window had to be shut.
我一直呆到非关窗不可的时候才下楼去。
The dark, rainy evening, the wind, the thundering clouds held me entirely in their power;
漆黑的雨夜,刮着大风,电闪雷鸣,乌云滚滚,我完全被这种景象镇住了。
it was the first time in a year and a half that I'd seen the night face to face…
这是我一年半以来第一次亲眼目睹的夜晚……
Sadly, I am only able to look at nature through dirty curtains hanging before very dusty windows.
不幸的是,我只能透过那满是灰尘的窗帘下那脏兮兮的窗户看看大自然。
It's no pleasure looking through these any longer because nature is one thing that really must be experienced.
只能隔着窗户看那大自然实在没意思,因为大自然是需要真正体验的东西。
Yours, Anne
你的,安妮