David, we all know you took up skateboarding at ten, but did your parents support you?
戴维,我们都知道你在10岁的时候就开始玩滑板了,但你的父母支持你吗?
Yeah, my parents even let me skate in the house.
恩,我父母甚至让我在家里玩滑板。
Did they?
是吗?
Yeah! They were pretty cool.
恩!他们相当棒。
How about your school work?
那你的学业呢?
That was fine.
没有影响。
I was able to get my school work done with good grades.
我能够以优良的成绩完成我的学业。
My only problem was that I had so much physical energy that I could not sit still in class.
唯一的问题是我体力太充沛了,我无法一动不动地坐在教室里。
Then some teachers started taking my skateboard away.
然后有些老师就开始拿走我的滑板。
That couldn’t stop you from skating?
这样还是不能阻止你玩滑板吗?
No way! The cool thing was that my parents managed to find me a different school.
没门!很棒的是,我的父母为我找了另一所的学校。
The headmaster there was wonderful.
那里的校长非常棒。
He let us plan our own PE classes.
他让我们自己计划自己的体育课。
So guess what class I created?
你猜我开设了什么课?
Skateboarding…
滑板……
You got it. That was my PE class.
答对了。那就是我的体育课。
By that time I was turning professional and starting to show off some techniques at competitions.
那个时候,我就渐渐走上了职业滑板的道路,并开始在一些比赛上展示一些滑板技巧。
Is that when your new style became famous?
你的新风格是在那个时候开始变得小有名气吗?
Yeah. Other skaters had this smooth flowing style,
恩。别的滑板运动员一般都是流畅飘逸的风格,
but I was kind of like a robot, always coming up with new tricks.
但我的风格有点像机器人,总会冒出一些新点子。