I think Mark is frightened to be left alone in the house.
我觉得马克害怕独自留在家里。
Although he doesn't look anxious or unhappy, I know he's just pretending to be brave.
尽管他看上去不紧张,也没有不开心,但我知道他的勇敢只是装出来的。
Honey, he's already fourteen.
亲爱的,他已经14岁了。
Remember, we left Catherine alone when she was ten.
记住,凯瑟琳10岁的时候我们就把她单独留在家里了。
That was a mistake!
那是一个错误!
We didn't leave her. We forgot her!
我们不是故意把她留在家里的。我们把她给忘了!
When we got home, she was fine, except that all her books were thrown out of the window.
我们到家的时候,她很好啊,除了她所有的书都被扔到了窗外。
She was chatting with the emergency phone operator and had become friends with her.
当时她正在跟紧急电话接线员聊天呢,还跟她成了朋友。
Yeah. But we have to make sure that Mark knows what to do in case of emergency.
是啊。但是我们得先确定马克知道在紧急状况下应该做什么。
Of course he does.
他当然知道。
He took part in the first aid training program last month and passed the exam.
他上个月参加了急救培训课程,还通过了考试。
The exam? It helps little in reality.
考试?现实中它几乎没有任何用处。
Hmm, you have the point.
呃,你有你的道理。
I've got a solution.
我有办法了。
Let's create an emergency situation for him.
我们为他创设一个紧急情况吧。
Then he'll have real-life experience instead of just theory.
这样他就不会只是纸上谈兵,而是会有实战经验了。
Shh... keep the plan between us.
嘘...这事儿只有我俩才能知道。