I had a similar experience the last time I visited China.
上次访问中国时,我的经历和你差不多。
The Chinese are the friendliest people I have ever met.
中国人是我见过最友好的。
After my visit to a Chinese family,
一天,拜访我的一个中国朋友后离开时,
my friend's grandfather wouldn't let me go to the bus station alone.
朋友的祖父不让我独自去车站。
He insisted on walking me to the station to see me off.
他坚持要陪我走到车站。
I kept saying that I knew the way myself, but it just did not work.
我反复说我认识路,但他就是不听。
What he did was amazing.
他的做法很让人诧异。
This will not happen in many other cultures, I guess.
我想这样的事在许多别的国家是不会发生的。
Tom
汤姆
Chinese people are very modest too.
中国人还很谦虚。
Last time, when I visited China,
上次访问中国时,离开那天,
we saw the tour guide wearing a very pretty fur coat on the day we left.
我看到导游穿着一件非常漂亮的外衣。
I told her the coat suited her, but she looked very embarrassed,
我对她说,这件衣服真合身。没想到她看上去很不好意思,
saying that it was a cheap one she had bought a long time ago.
解释说这件外衣是很早以前买的,而且很便宜。
I was surprised.
这真让我吃惊。
In my culture, when people say nice things about us, we feel very happy and say thanks.
在我们国家,当人们称赞时,我们会感到很高兴,而且会马上道谢的。
Tina
蒂娜