Young mobile adults give many different reasons for swapping their home towns for big cities
年轻的成年人对将家从城镇迁移到大城市给出了许多不同的理由。
Some are looking for a good job, while some others seek exciting and fun things to do.
有些人在寻找好的工作,而有些人是为了寻找刺激及有趣的事。
The one thing that is clear, however, is that young people are speaking with one voice, "To the cities!"
但有一件事是明确的,那就是年轻人用着同一个声音说,“到城市去!”
Daniel, 27, explains, "Cities are more exciting.
27岁的丹尼尔解释说:“城市更让人激动。
The rent is high, but it's a great place to meet people and find entertainment.
租金很高,但它是遇见其他人和寻找娱乐的非常棒的地方。
Cities have theaters, museums and big sporting events, but small towns have none of these.
城市有戏院、博物馆和大型运动赛事,但小城镇什么也没有。
Maybe I'll move to a small town when I get married, but for now, I want to have fun."
或许当我结婚的时候,我将搬到小城镇,但是现在,我想享受快乐。”
Angela, 21, adds, "I'd love to stay in the community where I grew up, but there are no jos.
21岁的安杰拉补充道:“我挺乐意住在我长大的社区里,但是那里好工作。
I have to go where the big companies are, because I want to be a successful accountant, not a clerk or a waitress.
我必须到大公司所在的地方,因为我想成为成功的会计师,而不是一名职员或一名服务员。
That's why I'll move to Los Angeles when I graduate from university."
那就是为什么当我大学毕业的时候我要搬到洛杉矶。”