The next day we had our first skiing lesson.
第二天,我们上了第一节滑雪课。
We rented our ski suits, boots and skis, and went outside onto the snow.
我们租了滑雪服、滑雪靴还有滑雪板,然后出来站在雪地上。
Wearing skis for the first time makes you feel very strange.
第一次穿滑雪板会让你感觉怪怪的。
Suddenly you find you cannot even walk.
你突然发现你都不会走路了。
Our instructor took us onto a gentle slope, and showed us some basic skills.
我们的老师带我们来到一个缓坡,并给我们展示一些基本技巧。
In order to go up a hill, you have to stand sideways, and go up step by step.
如果你想要上山,就必须向侧面站,一步一步地走。
You must point the tips of your skis together so that you can stop.
你必须把你的滑雪板顶端指在一起,这样你才能停下。
However the tips must not cross, or you will fall.
但顶端不能交叉,否则你会摔倒的。
You should not ski alone in case you fall and get injured.
你不可以独自滑雪,以防你摔倒受伤。
To be honest, that first lesson was not a great success, and I kept on falling down!
说实话,第一节课并没取得很大成功,而且我一直在摔跤。
However, the next day I definitely improved.
尽管如此,第二天我明显进步了。
I only fell over a few times, and I managed to do a few longer runs.
我只摔了几次,而且我还成功的滑了几次距离较长的路。
I felt pleased with myself, and the instructor congratulated me, so I felt great.
我为自己感到高兴,老师也祝贺了我,所以我感觉非常好。
Although it was very cold, I spent most of that holiday skiing.
尽管很冷,但我花了多数时间滑雪。
It was the most wonderful time of my life.
这是我生命中最精彩的时光。
Nevertheless, it was all over too soon.
然而,它结束的太快了。
Now I have decided to work part-time this summer, so I can earn enough money for another super skiing holiday.
今年夏天,我决定要做兼职,这样我就能为下一个超级滑雪假期攒够钱了。