'Body language?'
“肢体语言?”
'It's the way you stand and sit.
“就是你的站姿啊,坐姿等等。
It's your gestures and in your eyes.
是你的手势和眼神。
Your whole appearance communicates things.
你的整个形象会传达一些信息。
The way you look at people doesn't give them a good impression, Simon.
你看别人的方式没有给他们留下好印象, 西蒙。
You often rest your head on your hand.
你经常把头靠在手上。
You look downwards. You never smile.
你会往下看,而且从不微笑。
You don't turn your head or body towards people.
你不会转动身体正对着别人。
Look at Debbie. She's holding her head up.
看黛比。她一直都把头抬得高高的。
She looks at people's eyes. She smiles.
她会看着别人的眼睛。她会笑。
Your body language is telling people to go away.
你的肢体语言是叫别人走开。
Debbie's body language is making them feel welcome.
黛比的肢体语言让他们感到受欢迎。
That's why they go to her for assistance, and not to you.'
这就是他们找她帮忙而不找你的缘故。”
After that, Simon decided to improve his body language.
之后, 西蒙决定改善他的肢体语言。
He sat up and smiled at people. This seemed to work.
他会坐得直直的,会对着别人微笑。这个办法似乎奏效了。
Minutes later, a very beautiful girl entered.
几分钟后, 一个非常漂亮的女孩进来了。
She looked at Debbie and then Simon.
她看了看黛比, 然后看了看西蒙。
Without hesitation she went to Simon and gave him a big smile.
然后毫不犹豫地朝西蒙走了过去,并给了他一个大大的微笑。
A few moments later, she left, still smiling.
过了一会儿, 她走了, 走的时候也还在笑。
Mr Young came over at once and remarked,
杨先生立刻过来说,
'You made a good impression on her.'
“你给她留下了一个好印象。”
That was my sister,' said Simon.
“那是我妹妹,”西蒙说。
'She wanted to remind me that tomorrow is her birthday.'
“她想提醒我明天是她的生日。”