When it was my turn, the staff helped me put on the parachute, checking it very carefully.
轮到我玩时,工作人员帮我穿上降落伞,很仔细地检查。
I was very nervous and wanted to put it off until another day, but couldn't.
我非常紧张,想推迟到其他时间来玩,但是不能。
I stood on the beach, and the boat started. The parachute filled with wind.
我站在海滩上,船开动了。降落伞被风吹得鼓鼓的。
The force pulled me up off the beach. I took off into the sky. It was so wonderful!
风力推我离开海滩,我飞向天空。这种感觉真棒!
I suddenly found I was floating 100 feet in the air!
我突然发现我漂在100英尺的高空!
The flight lasted for about ten minutes. I loved it!
旅行持续了10分钟左右。我很喜欢这次旅行!
You would have been so proud if you had seen me.
如果你看见我了,你肯定会感到很自豪的。
If you came here, you could see for yourself how fun parasailing is.
如果你来这里,你自己能看到帆伞运动很有趣!
But when Danny went up, the flight made him feel sick, and he had to go and lie down for the rest of the day!
但是丹尼上升时,帆伞运动之旅让他生病了,他只得躺着修养几天。
Since then Danny has stopped teasing me, and I have got on with him much better.
自从丹尼不再取笑我之后,我和他相处得更好了。
We took an excursion around the island yesterday.
我们昨天环岛进行了短途旅行。
The best place was the famous Snake Temple. Inside it we saw dozens of snakes.
最好的地方是著名的蛇庙。我们在蛇庙看见了几十条蛇。
A man put a big snake around me and took my photograph.
一个人把一条大蛇围在我的颈脖上并给我拍了照。
I've never really liked snakes and was afraid it would bite me. Luckily, it seemed very tame.
我一直都不喜欢蛇,很怕蛇会咬我。幸运的是,蛇似乎很听话。
Anyway, I must go and have my tennis lesson now.
不管怎样,我现在必须去上网球课。
We are sorry to hear from your last letter that you have the flu.
在上封信中得知你感冒了,我们感到很难过。
I hope you are getting over it. Please look after yourself.
我希望你尽快康复。请照顾好你自己。
I'll show you my souvenirs when we all get together soon.
当我们相聚时,我会把纪念品给你们看的。
With lots of love
挚上
Karen
卡伦