My name is Emily.
我叫艾米丽。
I had been a dancer for quite a long time.
我当舞蹈演员已经很长时间了。
I started studying ballet when I was six years old.
我六岁时开始学习芭蕾舞。
By the time I was nine, I was dancing five days a week.
到我九岁的时候,我每周跳五天舞。
When I was eighteen, I decided that I really preferred contemporary dance and that I wanted to do it professionally.
当我18岁的时候,我想我真的更喜欢现代舞,我想做专业舞者。
So I applied successfully for the training program at the school of Toronto Dance Theatre, and moved to Toronto to attend the program.
所以我成功申请了多伦多舞蹈学院的培训项目,并搬到了多伦多参加了这个项目。
That was the period of time I enjoyed most in Toronto.
那是我在多伦多最开心的一段时间。
I graduated on scholarship and danced professionally for ten years.
我拿着奖学金毕业,并从事舞蹈专业十年。
But after all, those years, I found that dance was gradually becoming something that felt like more of a burden than a joy.
但毕竟,那些年,我发现舞蹈逐渐成为一种感觉更像是一种负担,而不是一种快乐。
I found myself increasingly unwilling to drag myself to dance performances, so I quit.
我发现自己越来越不愿意强迫自己去参加舞蹈表演,所以我辞职了。
I do miss dance, often.
我确实经常想念舞蹈。
But it makes me happy think that I’ll never have to go to another training session again.
但是想到我再也不用去参加训练了,我很高兴。