Thank Mr. Williams for inviting me back.
感谢威廉斯先生邀请我回来。
I'd love to share with you my life experiences after graduation.
我很乐意和你们分享我毕业后的生活经历。
Well, I graduated from here in 2001.
我2001年从这里毕业。
When I was thrown into the job market, finding a job was not difficult.
当我进入就业市场时,找工作并不难。
Most of my classmates found good jobs in big cities.
我的大多数同学都在大城市找到了好工作。
If I were born a decade later, things might have been totally different.
如果我十年后再出生,情况可能完全不同。
I finally accepted a job with my current employer, and now work as a translator.
我最后接受了现任雇主的工作,在做翻译。
I won't say my job is not demanding.
我不会说我的工作要求不高。
Sometimes I'm kept very busy working late into the night.
有时我一直忙到深夜。
And I also have to travel to other cities to attend some conferences several times a year.
我每年还要去其他城市参加几次会议。
But I must admit, I'm happy with what I'm doing, which is related to what I learned at university.
但我必须承认,我对自己所做的一切很满意,它与我在大学里所学的东西相关。
That's why I haven't changed jobs for the last decade and a half.
这就是我在过去15年里没有换工作的原因。
In recent years, I have been thinking about trying other things, such as running a coffee shop or a bookstore.
近年来,我一直在考虑尝试其他的事情,比如经营咖啡店或书店。
But I haven't really set out to do that because any decision I make might create challenges for my family.
但我并没有打算这么做,因为我做的任何决定都可能给我的家庭带来挑战。
I got married five years after I left college.
我大学毕业五年后结婚了。
For me, family comes first.
对我来说,家庭排在第一位。
Today, you college students are facing a totally different time from what we were presented with ten years ago.
今天,你们这些大学生正面临的时代,与我们十年前完全不同。
Obviously, there are difficulties, but chances exist, and you'll have hope of leading a successful life.
显然,有困难,但也存在机遇,你们将有希望过上成功的生活。