16. come again 再说一遍
Come again? I didn't quite understand what you said.
再说一遍好吗?你刚说的话我不太明白。
17. come clean 全盘托出,招供
The criminal decided to come clean.
罪犯决定供出事实。
18. spring for 请客
Let me spring for dinner.
19. spill the beans 泄漏秘密
Don't spill the beans. It's supposed to be a secret.
别说漏了嘴,这可是个秘密哦!
20. stick in the mud 保守的人
Cathy is such a stick in the mud. She never wants to try anything new.
Cathy 真保守,她从不想尝试新事物。
21. john 厕所
I have to go to the john. Wait for me in the car.
我要去厕所。在车里等我一下。
22. keep in line 管束
He needs to be kept in line. He's too wild.
他太野了,要好好管束一下。
23. jump the gun 草率行事
Don't jump the gun. We have to be patient for a while.
不要草率行事。我们应该耐心等一会儿。
24. jump to conclusion 妄下结论
Don't jump to conclusion. We have to figure it out first.
不要妄下结论,先把事情搞清楚。
25. lemon 次
This car is a real lemon. It has broken down four times.
这辆车真次,已经坏了四次了!
26. fishy 可疑的
His story sounds fishy. We should see if it's really true.
他的故事听起来可疑。我们应该看看到底是不是真的。
27. flip out 乐死了
Chris flipped out when I told him that we won the game.
我告诉克里斯我们赢了比赛时,他乐歪了。
28. fix someone up 撮合某人
I think Xixi and Macaulay would make a perfect couple. Let's fix them up.
我想 Xixi 和 Macaulay 会是理想的一对,我们来撮合他们吧。
29. take a shine to 有好感
He really likes you. There are very few people he takes a shine to right away.
他真的喜欢你。他很少对人一见面就有好感的。
30. third wheel 累赘,电灯泡
You two go on ahead. I don't want to be a third wheel.
你们两个去好了,我不想当电灯泡。