职场社交英语 Lesson 31:哇!有一套!
SCENE② A 艾文跟玛莉在意式浓缩咖啡机前碰面
【哇!真有一套!】
Elvin: How did it go in LA?
艾文: 去洛城那一趟有进展吗?
Mary: We signed up Stars.com, and we also got the Magic Studios web site.
玛莉: 我们签下了Stars.com,也拿下了“魔奇坊”的网站。
Elvin: Wow! That's good news. Way to go!
艾文: 哇!那是好消息。真有一套!
Mary: I didn't do anything.
玛莉: 我啥也没做。
Elvin: What are you talking about? Those two 1) accounts are huge!
艾文: 你在说什么?那两个都是天大的客户!
Mary: Zina made me stay in the hotel. Said I had a loser's 2) attitude.
玛莉: 吉娜要我留在旅馆里。说什么我有输家的态度
语言详解
A: I hate doing homework.
我恨死了做家庭作业。
B: You have a bad attitude.
你这种态度不好喔。
【Way to go! 有一套喔!】
Way to go! 这句简短好学的话,跟路可没有什么关系。Way to go! 这句话,是用来表达你的支持与鼓励,好比有人表现得很不错,你就可以送上Way to go! “有一套喔!”这句话给他。
A: I got an 'A' on my exam!
我的考试得了A。
B: Way to go! I knew you could do it.
有一套喔!我就知道你可以的。
当然,一句话到底是褒是贬,要看当时的情境而定,Way to go!也可以用来讽刺损人。
A: Ouch! I think I just broke my toe.
噢!我踢断大脚趾了。
B: Way to go, *clumsy. Now I guess I have to take you to the hospital.
真有你的,冒失鬼。这会儿我得带你去医院了。
*clumsy (n.) 笨手笨脚的人
1) account (n.) 客户,尤指生意上往来的客户
2) attitude (n.) 态度