职场社交英语 Lesson 39:你这个疯婆娘!
SCENE④ C 在吉娜的隔间
【你这个疯婆娘!】
Elvin: ZINA! You 1) fruitcake! Who do you think you are, promising we'd be ready next week!?
艾文: 吉娜!你这个疯婆娘!你自以为是谁啊,敢承诺别人我们下星期就会准备好?
Zina: Cool it, Elvin. Don't call me names.
吉娜: 冷静点,艾文。别骂人嘛。
Elvin: I'll call you whatever I feel like! You're an out-of-control, 2) arrogant, stupid sales horse!
艾文: 我爱怎么骂就怎么骂!你这个失去控制、自大又愚蠢的死业务员!
Zina: 3) Watch your mouth, Elvin, or I'll tear that ring right out of your nose!
吉娜: 嘴巴放干净一点,艾文,不然我就把你的鼻环给扯下来!
Elvin: I'd like to see you try!
艾文: 我倒想看看你敢是不敢!
Zina: Do you mean that?
吉娜: 你是说真的?
语言详解
A: Why won't Thomas ever say he's sorry?
为什么汤玛斯从不说抱歉。
B: He's too arrogant to admit he's wrong.
他自负得不敢承认错误。
【call me names 骂我】
call me names这里的me是受格,而且names是复数,意思是指“(有人)骂我”,可不是Somebody calls my name.“(有人)叫我名字”。
A: You are an idiot. You stupid, stupid fool.
你是个白痴。你这个愚蠢到家的笨蛋。
B: Hey, stop calling me names. You're hurting my feelings.
嘿,别骂我。你伤害到我的感情了。
A: Was there anything interesting at the meeting yesterday?
昨天会议上有什么有趣的事吗?
B: Not much, except that they started to call each other's names at the end.
没有什么,只是到末了他们开始互相辱骂起来。
1) fruitcake (n.) (俚)疯子,古怪的人
2) arrogant (a.) 骄傲的,自负的
3) Watch your mouth. 嘴巴放干净点。这句话用于对方出言不逊之时。