职场社交英语 Lesson 54:我们是在同一条船上
【我们是在同一条船上】
Zina: We're on the same team here, Elvin. I'm being nice because we need to 1) get along together.
吉娜: 我们是在同一条船上,艾文。我对你好是因为我们得要相处。
Elvin: I know you, Zina. You're only nice when you want something.
艾文: 我知道你的把戏,吉娜。你有所求的时候才会对人好。
Zina: If we want to beat WebTracker, we're going to have to 2) work hand in hand.
吉娜: 若我们想要打败“网路搜寻家”,就得要携手共事。
Elvin: To be honest, I'm starting to 3) wonder if it's worth it.
艾文: 老实说,我开始在怀疑这是否值得。
Zina: You'd rather lose to WebTracker than do things my way?
吉娜: 你宁愿败给“网路搜寻家”,也不愿照我的方法做事?
Elvin: You said it, not me.
艾文: 这是你说的,我可没吭声。
语言详解:
A: Would you rather drink milk or orange juice?
你比较想喝牛奶还是橙汁?
B: Orange juice sounds good.
橙汁听起来不错。
【It's worth it. 这是值得的】
有付出才有收获,而在付出的过程中多半是痛苦,这时候就要用It's worth it.“这是值得的”。迎接未来的甜美果实。
A: Have all your years of hard work paid off?
你多年来的辛勤工作,到头来值得吗?
B: It's been worth every minute of it. Now I can retire in peace.
每一分钟都是值得的,我现在可以安稳退休了。
【do things one's way 照某人方法做事】
每个人做事都有自己的方法,当然可以“照我自己的方法做事”do things my way。
A: I want to do things my way.
我要照自己的方法做事。
B: You're the boss.
你说了算。
不过有的时候,形势比人强,可能就得身不由己地 do things one's way “照某人的方法做事了”。
A: Dad always wants me to do things his way.
老爸总要我照他的方法做事。
B: He's just afraid you might make the wrong decisions.
他只是怕你会做错决定。
1) get along 处得来
2) work hand in hand 携手共事*
3) wonder (v.) 纳闷,想知道