职场社交英语 Lesson 63:我的道行就是比较高
SCENE① C ?吉娜与戴夫继续在停车场说话
【我的道行就是比较高】
Dave: But how did you know I was working for WebTracker?
戴夫: 可是你怎知道我在替“网路搜寻家”工作?
Zina: When I was in LA, I met the WebTracker 1) sales rep.
吉娜: 当我在洛城的时候,我跟“网路搜寻家”的业务代表碰过面。
Dave: He couldn't have told you. Only a few people at WebTracker know about me.
戴夫: 他不可能会跟你说的。“网路搜寻家”只有少数人知道我。
Zina: The sales rep had a green note pad just like yours. He said everybody at WebTracker used them.
吉娜: 那个业务代表用的绿色便利贴跟你的一样。他说“网路搜寻家”的人都用这种。
Dave: I can't believe it. I can't believe I 2) fell into your trap.
戴夫: 不敢相信。我不相信自己掉进了你的陷阱。
Zina: We both may be snakes, Dave, but I'm just better at it. Among the snakes, I'm the sneakiest.
吉娜: 我们俩或许都是诈包,戴夫,但我的道行就是比较高。在诈包当中,我可是诈包冠军。
语言详解:
A: I climbed through the window, so my parents wouldn't know that I left the house.
我从窗子爬出去,这样我爸妈才不会知道我出去了。
B: Wow! You're really sneaky!
哇!你真狡猾!
【better at it 道行比较高】
这个片语以用better 是因为有两者之间的比较,一般情况下只说 good at it“精于此道”。要注意介系词只能用at。
A: I know you are a pianist in your own right.
我知道你天生就是一位钢琴家。
B: No. I know how to play the piano. But I'm not good at it.
不是的。我懂得弹钢琴,但我并不精于此。
A: You're too modest. You're better at it than many performers.
你太谦虚了。你比许多表演者道行还高强。
1) sales rep 业务代表;rep “代表”是representative 的略缩。
2) fall into one's trap 陷入某人的陷阱