Dialogue 3
May I take you order now?
你们可以点菜了吗?
Yes,I think we're ready to order.Elizabeth,what would you like to have?
行,我想我们可以点菜了。伊丽莎白,你想来点什么?
I haven't made up my mind yet.You order first,Donald.
我还没决定呢。唐纳德,你先点吧。
All right.I'll start with chicken soup.Then I wnat a steak,medium rare.
好的。我先来个鸡汤,然后要一份牛排,嫩一点。
I'll have a baked potato,green beans and an egg salad.
要一份烤土豆片,青豆和一份鸡蛋色拉。
I'll order dessert later.
待会儿我再要点甜食。
Yes,sir.And you,miss?What would you like to have?
好的,先生。您呢,小姐?您想吃点什么?
I can't decide.I don't see anything I really like.
我拿不定主意。我没有看到什么我真正喜欢的菜。
There are over thirty dishes to select from,miss.
小姐,这儿有三十多种菜供您选择呢。
There ought to be something you like,Elizabeth.
伊丽莎白,这儿应该有你喜欢的。
Well,I guess so.But I only see food that I don't like.
大概有吧。可我看到的尽是些我不喜欢的菜。
I don't care for chicken and I can't stand fish.
我不喜欢吃鸡肉,鱼也不合我的口味。
Do you have any oysters?
有牡蛎吗?
No,miss.I'm afraid not.How about some other seafood?
没有,小姐。恐怕没有。别的海鲜怎么样?
Oysters are the only seafood I like.I dislike the rest.
海鲜中我只喜欢牡蛎,其它的都不喜欢。
I wish I could think of something for you.
真希望我能为你想出什么菜来。
May I suggest cream of tomato soup,steak with mushroom gravy,
我给您推荐几个菜吧:奶油西红柿汤,蘑菇汁牛排,
aspara-gus,and buttered cauliflower.
芦笋,黄油花椰菜。
For dessert-strawberry pie with icecream?
至于甜食,冰激凌草莓馅饼您看怎么样?