SCENE③ C 同时间 在附近一个钢琴学校里
【用电脑交朋友】
Sue: Do you want to 1) end up an 2) old maid?
苏: 你想变成老小姐吗?
Rose: Im happy as a 3) single woman.
柔丝: 我乐于做单身女郎。
Sue: Maybe now, but what about when you're old?
苏: 或许现在是,但你老的时候怎么办?
Rose: I'll worry about that then.
柔丝: 我到那时再担心也不迟。
Sue: A lot of women like you meet nice men in 4) chat rooms.
苏: 很多像你这样的女人,在网路聊天室碰到不错的男人。
Rose: You mean where you can talk with people 5) one-on-one?
柔丝: 你是指那种可以跟人一对一谈话的地方?
Sue: Sure! Lots of people do it.
苏: 是啊!很多人这样做。
Rose: Use a computer to find friends? I don't know. It's not for me.
柔丝: 用电脑交朋友?我不确定耶,这不适合我。
语言详解
A: I keep gaining weight.
我的体重一直在增加。
B: If you don't watch out, you'll end up as big as your mother.
若是你不留意,你最后就会跟你妈妈一样大块头。
【I'll worry about that then.我到那时再担心也不迟】
假如别人在你面前乌鸦嘴,说你现在不如何如何,以后就会怎样,但你根本听不进去的时候,就可以说这句话。
【It's not for me.这不适合我】
这句话是用在别人劝你接受一样东西,而你不愿意的时候。
1) end up 结束,落得……的下场。
2) old maid 老小姐
3) single woman/man 单身女子/男子
4) chat room 网络聊天室
5) one-on-one 一对一