Sue: Did you 1) try out the chat rooms yet?
苏: 你试过网络聊天室了吗?
Rose: Yeah, but there're so many people just using the Net to 2) fool around!
柔丝: 有,但是有好多人利用网络乱搞!
Sue: So did you meet anyone?
苏: 你遇到了什么人吗?
Rose: 3) You could say so. I pretended to be a 4) middle-aged man and ended up 5)asking a 16-year-old girl out. Can you believe it? She 6) accepted!
柔丝: 可以这么说。我装成一个中年男人,最后邀一个十六岁女孩出来。你相信吗?她居然答应了!
Sue: Why? Are you crazy?
苏: 干嘛?你疯啦?
Rose: Because I wanted to show her how easy it is to be 7) tricked on the Internet!
柔丝: 因为我想让她知道在网络上有多容易受骗!
Sue: Why?
苏: 为什么?
Rose: I’m a teacher. It's my job to help young girls.
柔丝: 我是老师。帮助年轻女孩是我的工作。
Sue: You're really 8) one-of-a-kind, Rose.
苏: 你实在是千古奇人,柔丝。
语言详解
A: I want to try out a new restaurant.
我要试试去一家新餐厅吃。
B: OK. There's one around the corner.
好。转角就有一家
【fool around 闲荡,游手好闲】
around原意有“四处,到处”的意思。从字面上来看fool around, 就可以感觉到一个人呆头呆脑的乱晃,也就是“鬼混”的意思。例如:
A:They always fool around when the boss is not in the office.
老板不在办公室的时候,他们总是到处闲荡。
B:They will be fired some day.
他们总有一天会被炒鱿鱼。
1) try out 试试看
2) fool around 乱来
3 you could say so 你可以这么说
4) middle-aged (a.)中年的
5) ask...out 约……出来
6) accept (v.) 接受,答应
7) trick (v.) 诱骗
8) one-of a kind (n.) 异类