网络社交英语口语 Unit61:你得撩拨她一下
SCENE② D 在唐的酒吧 晚上十一点
Don: I thought I 1) coached you on the secrets of 2) flirting!
唐: 我不是教过你求爱秘诀吗?
Herbert: You 3) overheard my conversation with Rose?
赫伯特: 你听到我跟柔丝的对话啦?
Don: It was truly 4) pathetic!
唐: 真够悲惨的!
Herbert: She's not interested in me.
赫伯特: 她根本对我没兴趣。
Don: You have to flirt.
唐: 你得撩拨她一下。
Herbert: She doesn't find me attractive.
赫伯特: 她根本不觉得我有吸引力。
Don: 5) My gosh! She's just 6) playing hard-to-get!
唐: 哎唷!她只是想玩捉迷藏而已!
语言详解
A: Wow, coach! Who is this new pitcher?
哇,教练!这个新投手是谁?
B: He's an up-and-coming kid from down south.
他是从南部来的后起之秀.
【She's just playing hard-to-get! 她只是在跟你玩捉迷藏!】
这个句子一般用在形容女性对男性若即若离的感情,现在有时候也可以用来说男生。当你的朋友为了恋爱对象的刁难而伤神,你就可以用playing hard-to-get!来形容对方吊胃口的做法。
A: She never calls me back.
她都不给我回电话。
B: Don't worry. She's just playing hard-to-get.
别担心。她只是在跟你玩捉迷藏。
1) coach (v.) 指导
2) flirt (v.) 调情
3) overhear (v.) 无意间听到,overheard 是过去式。
4) pathetic (a.) 可悲的
5) My gosh! 哎唷!糟了!我的天啊!gosh 是God 的委婉说法。
6) playing hard-to-get 玩捉迷藏