新英语900句视频版 第17课:劳拉的怨恨 文本如下:
MR. CRAWFORD: Ms. Segura, step into my office, please.
瑟姑拉小姐,
MR. CRAWFORD: Bring your steno pad.
请带著速记簿到我的办公室来!
MR. CRAWFORD: To Mr. James C. Wilson, President, United Printing Corp.
给联合印刷公司董事长詹姆斯?威尔逊先生,
MR. CRAWFORD: You can look up the address in the files.
你可在档案中找到他的地址.
LAURA: Yes, sir.
是的, 先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: "Dear Sir: Please send this office 10,000 copies of the World's Fair brochure. Thank you. Sincerely," and sign my name.
"威尔逊先生, 请寄一万份世界博览会手册, 谢谢您" 然後签我的名字.
LAURA: Yes, sir.
是的, 先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: Send that out this morning, Ms. Segura.
今天早上要寄出, 瑟姑拉小姐.
LAURA: Yes, sir.
是的, 先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: It's Mrs. Crawford's birthday.
今天是郭佛太太的生日,
MR. CRAWFORD: I want to buy her some flowers.
我要买些花给她,
MR. CRAWFORD: Call up the florist and tell him to send my wife a dozen roses.
打个电话给花商, 请他送一打玫瑰给我太太.
LAURA: Yes, sir.
是的. 先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: Ms. Segura,
瑟姑拉小姐,
MR. CRAWFORD: here is yesterday's letter to Bissell Industries.
这是昨天给比塞尔实业公司的信,
MR. CRAWFORD: There is an error in the second paragraph. Please be more careful, Ms. Segura.
在第二段中有个错误, 请多加小心, 瑟姑拉小姐.
LAURA: Yes, sir.
是的, 先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: Any questions?
有什么问题吗?
LAURA: Only one.
只有一个.
MR. CRAWFORD: Yes?
什么事?
LAURA: When do you want to look for a new secretary?
您什么时候要另外找一个秘书?
MR. CRAWFORD: I don't understand, Ms. Segura. We don't need another secretary.
我不明白你的意思, 瑟姑拉小姐, 我们并不需要另外新的秘书啊?
LAURA: I am giving you two weeks' notice, Mr. Crawford.
我给您两个星期去物色, 郭佛先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: Are you resigning from the firm, Ms. Segura?
瑟姑拉小姐, 你真的要辞职吗?
LAURA: Yes, Mr. Crawford. I'm sure you can find someone better than I.
是的, 郭佛先生, 我相信您一定能找到比我更行的秘书.
MR. CRAWFORD: Very well, Ms. Segura. Put an ad for a secretary in tomorrow's paper.
好吧, 瑟姑拉小姐, 在明天报上刊个徵求秘书的广告.
LAURA: Yes, Mr. Crawford.
是的, 郭佛先生.
MR. CRAWFORD: This is very inconvenient.
真是麻烦.
LAURA: I'm sure it is.
我相信是很麻烦.
SALESMAN: Can I help you?
我能效劳吗?
MRS. NIKZAD: Yes. I want to paint my son's bedroom. I think sky blue is pretty color.
是的, 我要粉刷我孩子的卧室, 我想天蓝色的颜色很棒.
SALESMAN: How big is the room?
房间有多大?
MRS. NIKZAD: Not very big.
不很大.
SALESMAN: How many gallons of paint do you want?
你要多少加仑的油漆呢?
MRS. NIKZAD: I don't know.
我也不晓得.
SALESMAN: Look, why don't you tell your painter to buy the paint?
嘿, 你为什么不告诉你的油漆匠去买油漆呢?
MRS. NIKZAD: I am the painter.
我就是油漆匠.
SALESMAN: Well, then. Do you know the size of the room?
哦, 那么, 你知道房间的尺寸吗?
MRS. NIKZAD: No. I'm sorry, I don't.
不, 很抱歉, 我不知道.
SALESMAN: Is it larger or smaller than this store?
它比这个商店大或小?
MRS. NIKZAD: It's about half the size of this store.
大约是这个店的一半大小.
SALESMAN: You need two gallons.
你需要两加仑.
MRS. NIKZAD: Now what do I do?
现在我该怎么办?
SALESMAN: Madam, why don't you get a painter?
夫人, 你为什么不找个油漆匠?
MRS. NIKZAD: My son and I want to paint the room together.
我儿子要跟我一起粉刷房间.
SALESMAN: All right. Here. Read these instructions. Do you want the paint now?
好, 这里, 看看这些指导说明, 你现在就要油漆吗?
MRS. NIKZAD: Yes, please.
是的.
SALESMAN: Two gallons of sky blue. That's $21.39.
两加仑天蓝色的共是二十一元元角九分.
MRS. NIKZAD: Thank you. What time do you close?
谢谢, 你什么时候关店?
SALESMAN: We're open till 6:30 tonight.
我们今晚营业到六点三十分.