27 Explainations
27 解释
A:I've decided to become a vegetarian.
A:我决定吃素食了.
From tomorrow on,I've decided to stop eating meat.B:Why?
从明天开始我决心不再吃肉 B:为什么?
A:Because people in Britain eat too much meat and it's healthier to eat less
A:英国人吃肉太多了,少吃有益健康.
B:Is this another one of your crazy ideas?
B:是不是又来了一个怪点子?
It won't last a week I remember your other ambitious schemes;
一周也坚持不了!你过去雄心勃勃的计划我还记忆犹新
last month,in order to lose weight,you decided to jog to work every morning
上个月为了减肥,你决定早晨跑步上班
That only lasted a week because every day you were late for work!
可是你天天迟到,跑步只持续了一周!
A:That's not the reason why I stopped!
A:这不是我停止跑步的真正原因!
I stopped jogging because I pulled a muscle in my leg.
我停下来是因为拉伤了腿部肌肉。
B:Well what about your bicycle?
B:那么你的自行车呢?
A:What bicycle?
A:什么自行车?
B:Exactlly!You can hardly remember you own a bike
B:怎么样!你都记不起来了
as it's been locked away in the garage ever since you bought it .
你买车后把它锁在车库里
A:That's not completely true!
A:不对,
As soon as the weather improves,I'm going to start using it again
天一好我就开始骑。
B:But do you think it will improve your health?That's the question
B:你认为能改善你的健康状况吗?
A:Well,yes,of course.
A:哦,当然。
B:I think you should start cycling straight away then,
B:看到你又开始抽烟了
seeing that you've begun somking again!
我想你应该马上开始自行车运动才是。
A:Oh,I can't stop smoking now that I've began this new diet without meat
A:噢,既然我已经开始不吃肉了,我不能不抽烟!
I can be both things at once.
我不能两面出击。
My will-power just isn't strong enough .
我的意志力不够。
B:Even though you have all these good ideas and intentions
B:有好的想法和好的打算也长不了.
these ideas never last!
也坚持不了好久!
A:Yes,I know.In spite of all my perseverance and strength
A:我知道.即使我有恒心有力量,
I don't seem to be able to succeed at anything.
好像我也干不成事情.
B:Look,I want to stop smoking too,in order to save some money,
B:喂,我要戒烟,省点钱
so why don't we both try and give up together?
我们干嘛不一块儿来?
That way,we can help each other!
这样我们可以互相帮助!
adj. 有雄心的,有抱负的,野心勃勃的