88 Talking About Traffic
88 谈论交通
How often does the bus run?
这车多长时间一趟?
A:How often does the bus run? B:Every five minutes.
A:这车多长时间一趟?五分钟。
A:Oh,here comes a bus! B:It comes on the dot.
噢,来了一辆车!来得正好。
Many roads are very narrow.
许多街都太窄。
A:I like small towns.
A:我喜欢小镇。
B:But many roads are very narrow.
B:但是小镇许多街道都太窄。
A:Not always,and there're also few cars!
A:也不是,车也少啊!
B:Yes,because of fewer people.
B:那倒是,人少嘛。
This is the rush hour.
这是高峰期。
A:This is the rush hour.
A:这是高峰期。
B:I notice there's a jam a few blocks away.
我注意到前几个街口正塞车。
A:Let's drive off this road.
A:我们躲开这条路吧。
B:I'm afraid I'll be late.
B:恐怕要迟到了。
There're traffic jam everywhere.
到处都塞车。
A:There're traffic jam everywhere this hour of the day!
A:白天这个时候到处都塞车。
B:I think something must be done.
B:我觉得应该采取一些措施。
A:Yeah,we should have more roads built.
A:是啊,我们该多修点路。
So crowded!
太拥挤了!
A:Shit,so crowded!
A:真是的,太拥挤了!
B:The radio said it's OK on this road.
B:收音机说这条路通畅啊。
A:Things change every minute.
A:情况变得太快了。
B:We have too many cars!
B:车太多了!
How long do I have to wait?
我得等多长时间?
A:How long do I have to wait?
A:我得等多长时间?
B:Two hours.That area is a little backward.
两个小时.那地方有点团塞。
A:I see.The bus doesn't come so often as in cities.
A:所以车不像城里那么勤。
B:You're right.
B:对。
I'm afraid I have to wait for the next bus.
我恐怕只能等下一辆了。
A:Oh,the bus is gone.
A:噢,车走了。
B:Pity we didn't catch it.
B:真可惜,我们没赶上。
A:I'm afraid we have to wait for the next bus.
A:恐怕只能等下一辆了。
B:We have to wait six more minutes!
B:还再等六分钟!
The city has got a traffic problem.
这城市交通有问题。
A:The city has got a traffic problem.
A:这城市交通有问题。
B:That means it's developing very fast. A:You said it.
这说明它发展得很快.说对了。
B:Problems are inevitable.
B:有问题是难免的。
I'll be late because I have waited so long!
我等了这么久,要迟到了。
A:I'll be late because I have waited so long!
A:我等了这么久,要迟到了。
B:Don't worry.The bus will arrive soon.
B:别着急,车就要来了。
A:I'd better take a taxi.
A:我最好坐出租。
B:That's no use.This is morning rush hour.
B:没用,现在正是早上高峰期。
Oh,here comes a bus!
车来了!
A:Oh,here comes a bus! B:It's here at last!
A:车来了。B:总算来了。
A:How long have you waited? B:Twenty minutes exactly.
A:你等了多久了?整整二十分钟了.
There's going to be a highway here.
这里要修高速公路。
A:There's going to be a highway here. B:That's better.
这里要修高速公路。那倒不错。
A:The traffic problem will soon be eased. B:I think so.
交通问题不久会缓解的。是啊。
I like to drive on freeway.
我喜欢在高速公路上开车。
A:I like to drive on freeway.
我喜欢在高速公路上开车。
B:Don't drive too fast.
B:不要开得太快。
A:Don't worry.There're few cars now.
A:别担心,车很少。
B:Be careful.It's dangerous to drive fast.
小心点儿吧,开快车太危险。
Usually cities have greater traffic problems.
通常城里交通问题更大。
A:Usually cities have greater traffic problems.
A:通常城里交通问题更大。
B:Of course,there're too many people.
B:那当然啦,人多嘛。
A:I hate the car columns on the road.
A:我讨厌街上的车流。
B:But we couldn't help it.
B:但是我们无能为力呀。
How do you get road news?
你怎么得到路况信息的呢?
A:Wow do you get road news?
你怎么得到交通信息的呢?
B:I've a driver mate in my car!
B:我车里有司机伴侣!
A:So you have all the news on broadcast?
A:你听广播了?
B:Yes,it's so helpfull.
B:听了,很有帮助。
How can we avoid the jam?
我们怎样避免塞车?
A:How can we avoid the jam?
A:我们怎样才能避免塞车?
B:Let's take a roundabout way. A:OK.
B:绕过去吧。A:好的。
B:Look,traffic jam again!
B:瞧,前面又堵车了。
Traffic rules are different among countries.
交通规则各国不同。
A:Traffic rules are different among countries.
A:交通规则各国不同。
B:For example?
B:兴个例子看看。
People drive on the right in China. B:Oh,that's interesting!
在中国人们是靠右侧行车的.哦,那真有意思!
I can't find proper parking space.
我找不到合适的地方停车。
A:I can't find proper parking space.
A:我找不到合适的地方停车了。
B:Let's just park here.
B:就停这儿吧。
A:No,there's no a parking sign.
A:不行,这儿没有停车标志。
B:Oh,the policeman's coming.
B:噢,警察过来了。
The road has higher accident rate.
这条街肇事率很高。
A:The road has higher accident rate.
A:这条街肇事率很高。
I couldn't figure it out.We don't have many cars on this raod.
我不明白,这条路上车很少哇。
People drive too fast.That's dangerous too. B:I see.
人们开快车,这也很危险啊.我懂了.
n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v