'pick up on something'就是了解到,注意到的意思.
To notice something and perhaps react to it 领略;意会;意识到
She failed to pick up on the humour in his remark. 她没有领悟他话中的幽默.
I was the only one to pick up on what the teacher was really saying. 我是唯一明了老师真正在说什么的人.
We need to pick up on what's going on here. 我们需要了解一下这里的情形.
Geez: (表示惊奇、愤怒等)哎呀!
Walk on eggshells: be very careful not to upset sb (不愿让某人失望而)谨慎小心,战战兢兢
I always felt as if I had to walk on eggshells around him so that I wouldn't hurt his feelings.
为了不伤害他的感情,我在他身边时,总是小心翼翼.
Override: 不顾,无视;拒绝
to override advice or objections
不顾忠告或异议
to override another person's claims
拒绝别人的要求
go behind sb's back: 在某人背后搞鬼,背着某人搞小动作
I feel guilty about going behind his back and complaining to the boss.
背着他向老板抱怨,我觉得很内疚.
Let it go(at that): say or do nothing more about sth 不再多说(或多做);到此为止
I don't entirely agree, but I'll let it go at that. 我不完全同意,但也就这样吧.
I thought she was hinting at something, but I let it go. 我想她在暗示什么,然而我也没再多问.