【惯用单句】
我是来告别的。
I’ve come to say goodbye.
我明天动身。
I’m off tomorrow.
我做的是晚上8点的航班。
My flight leaves at 8 P.M.
再见了。谢谢你为我所做的一切。
Goodbye and thank you for all you have done for me.
要走了。我很难过。
I’m so sad to leave.
一定给我写信啊。
Be sure to drop me a line.
别忘了给我打电话。
Don’t forget to give me a ring.
请别忘了代我向你家里其他人告别。
Please don’t forget to say goodbye to the rest of the family for me.
要是来纽约的话,要记得来看我。
Remember to look me up if you’re ever in the New York City.
【情景对话】
A: I want to say goodbye to everyone.
B: You’re leaving so soon. When are you off?
A: I’m catching the 9:15 train tomorrow morning.
B: how about come and see you off?
A: You really don’t need to.
B: Ok. I’ll miss you. I hope we can see each other again soon.
A: I hope so, too. Thank you, Lily. Thank you for everything.
B: You’re welcome.
A: Please say goodbye to the rest of the family for me.
B: Ok. Take care. I hope you have a good journey.
A: Thank you. Remember to look me up if you’re ever in Washington.
B: Of course. I will.
B: Goodbye, then. Thanks again for everything.