一、Listen And Learn 边听边学
caught short 钱渐渐不够用
burn a hole in pocket 花钱如流水
feel sorry for 同情
tighten one's belt 节约
do without 不去用某些东西
get along 处理
brown bag 从家里带饭
in the chips 有充足的钱
二、Listen And Speak 边听边说
A: At the end of the week, I'm always caught short.
每到周末我就缺钱。
B: That's because money burns a hole in your pocket. I don't feel sorry for you.
那是因为你太会花钱了,我可不同情你。
A: How can I thighten my belt ?
我要怎么省钱才好?
B: You're going to have to do without in order to get along.
你必须节省些开支。
A: I know. I'll try brown bagging it. Within a short time I'll be in the chips again.
我知道,我会试着带饭,这样没多久就可以省下不少钱。
可可地盘,英语学习者的乐园 Click here >>> http://dipan.kekenet.com/