Writing: Just a letter
写作:只是一封信而已
In the modern age, you can communicate in so many ways: text messaging, e-mailing, faxing, calling, but there is something about snail mail that is special.
在当今时代,你可以通过许多方面进行交流:比如发短信、电子邮件、传真或者打电话,但有一种邮局信件是很特别的。
When was the last time you received a letter from someone?
你上次收到一封来自别人的信件是什么时候?
I mean a card with more than one or two lines written on it.
我的意思是那种有一行或两行可供写字的卡片。
There are even cards you can buy that are pre-made.
甚至你可以买到提前制作好的卡片。
They are already full of writing.
他们已经在上面写满了各种祝福。
All you need to do is fill in the "to" and the "from" spots.
所以你需要做的只是填写“收件人”和“寄件人”这2处空白。
I recently made a card for my dad.
我最近为我的父亲做了一张卡片。
His birthday is coming up.
他的生日快到了。
Every once in a while taking the time to write in your own handwriting showing that you care is nice.
每次花时间用你自己的笔迹来写会显出你的关怀备至。
Making the card for my dad was good for me.
为我的爸爸制作卡片对我也大有好处。
It made me feel like I was back in elementary school.
这让我感觉我回到了小学时光。
I put some stickers on it, I colored some parts, and of course, I wrote how good I am that he's my dad.
我在上面贴些标签,我把某些部分涂成彩色,当然,我会写他是我的父亲让我非常幸福。
I got so used to typing that it's hard to write well now.
我已经习惯了敲击键盘来打字,所以现在写字变得有些困难。
I have to write slowly or else my handwriting is really messy.
我必须写得很慢,否则我的字真是杂乱无章。
Well, if you get a chance to write to someone, and you have a little extra time, I suggest that you actually write a card.
好吧,如果你有机会写信给一个人,而你又恰巧有一点点额外的时间,我建议你真正的写一张卡片。
You don't have to make one, but doing it the old-fashional way can be refreshing.
你不必特意为了某人制作,但是按照这种老旧的方式做会让你获得不一样的感觉。
Snail mail is slower in arriving, but it's worth the wait.
邮局信件会到得慢一些,但等待是值得的。
Talk about it:
谈论下面问题:
Do you still use snail mail?
你还在使用邮局信件吗?
How do you usually communicate with people?
你通常怎样与人交流?
What is your preferred method of communication?
你最喜欢的通讯方式是哪种?
How often do you send people letters?
你多久给人寄一次信?
When was the last time you wrote a letter?
你上次写信是什么时候?
Do you have neat hand-writing?
你的笔迹整洁吗?
Do you prefer writing or typing?
你喜欢写字还是打字?
How do you feel when you receive a letter?
当你收到一封信时你感觉如何?
How often do you check your e-mail inbox?
你多久查看你的电子邮件收件箱?