2.实用对话
Driving on the Way路途行驶
Lisa: Hi. Tom. What are you doing here?
丽莎:嗨,汤姆。你在这儿做什么呢?
Tom: Hi. Lisa. I'm just taking a walk.
汤姆:嗨,丽莎。我只是在散散步。
Lisa: I'm going to the Lotus Supermarket. Will you go with me?
丽莎:我要去莲花超市,你愿意跟我去吗?
Tom: Sure.
汤姆:好吧。
Lisa: Good. Get in.. . Fasten your safety belt... Well. it looks like I'm running out of gas. We'll have to stop for some first.
丽莎:好。上车吧…把安全带系上…嗯,看上去我的车快没油了。我们得先停下来加油。
Tom: I know there's a gas station ahead.
汤姆:我知道前面有个加油站。
( at the gas station )
(在加油站)
Worker: What can I get you?
工人:要什么油?
Lisa: Unleaded gas, 20 dollars worth. please.
丽莎:请给我加20美元的无铅汽油。
( on the road )
(在路上)
Tom: Lisa, the car is making a funny sound under the hood.
汤姆:丽莎,发动机的声音怪怪的。
Lisa: Yes. Sounds like a real problem Oh, the car is starting to jolt. I'll have to take it into the shop. Do you know where I can find a garage?
丽莎:是的,听上去像是出大毛病了,哦,这车开始晃了。我得把它弄到修车铺去。你知道我在哪儿能找到一个修车铺吗?
Tom: There should be one along 4th Street.
汤姆:第四大街上应该有一家。
( at the garage )
(在修车铺)
Lisa: My car is behaving rather strangely. Could you take a look at it?
丽莎:我的车有些怪怪的。你能检查一下吗?
Mechanic: Yeah... I can't say offhand what the problem is. Can you come back Wednesday afternoon?
技工:好的…我一时也难以说出问题出在哪里。你周三下午再来好吗?
Lisa: Alright. Can you give me an estimate ?
丽莎:好吧。你能告诉我大致的费用吗?
Mechanic: It's hard to say right now.
技工:现在还不好说.
Lisa: Alright. ( to Tom ) Sorry about all this, Tom. Let's take a taxi.
丽莎:好吧。(对汤姆说)汤姆,遇上这么多麻烦事,真是不好意思。咱们打个车吧,
Tom: That's all right.
汤姆:没关系的。