Excuse me,I noticed you are reading a magazine about electronics.
对不起,我注意到您在看一本电子杂志。
Have you heard about the coming electronics exhibition?
您听说过即将举行的电子产品展览吗?
Sure!That's why I'm going to Chicago.Hi,my name is Tom Smith.What's your name?
当然了!那正是我去芝加哥的原因。我叫汤姆?斯密斯,您尊姓大名?
Mary Clinton.I'm a sales representative for Richards Company,based in Hong Kong.Are you looking forward to the exhibition?
我是香港理查德公司的销售代理,您想去参加这个展览吗?
I've been waiting for the exhibition for more than 3 months.
我等这个展览都等了三个多月了。
There are going to be companies from more than 50 countries in it.That is great.Don't you think so?
届时将有来自五十多个国家的公司参展,真是一件盛事。难道您不这样认为吗?
I see.I'm really expecting to see what products will be on show next year.
我明白了。我正等着看明年有什么产品面市呢。
I'm more interested in what new discoveries are being made in the electronics industry.
我对电子工业的新发现更为感兴趣。
Really? Do you mind if I ask which part of the electronics industry you belong to?
是吗?您介意我问您是电子行业哪一个部门的吗?
Not at all.I am employed in the Research and Development Department of a company based in Detroit.
一点也不。我受雇于底特律一家公司的研究与拓展部。
We specialize in producing new-style printers.
我们专门生产新式印刷机。
What's the name of your company?Maybe I've heard of it.
您公司叫什么名字?我可能听说过。
I don't think so.It is just a small company called"Welsh".
我不这样认为。它只是一家叫威而希的小公司。
Hmm,Oh,didn't you come out with an pretty small but strong high-tech printer at the exhibition last year in Taiwan?
哦,你们是不是去年在台湾展出过一种超小型,但使用了高科技的打印机?
Yeah,that turned out to be our best seller of the year,but it remains unknown abroad.
是的,那是去年最畅销的牌子。但它在国外还不知名。
One of my jobs is to keep an eye on the products with the potential to be successful.and then find Out why.
我的工作之一就是关注那些有潜力成功的产品,找出其成功的原因。
So I even keep in mind some small companies names.
因此我记得一些小公司的名字。
I enjoy talking with you.How about getting together for a dinner after we arrive in Chicago,so we have a chance to talk more about this?
很高兴和您交谈。到达芝加哥我们聚一聚,吃顿饭怎样?我们将有机会详谈。
That's a great idea.
好提议。