28. Fighting a Parking Ticket
28.因停车罚单而起的争吵
A: You know you can't park here, right?
A:你知道你不能停在这,对吧?
B: Listen, I had to talk to my friend really quickly, and there was no parking spaces.
B:听着,我必须很快的和我的朋友谈谈,这里没有停车的地方了。
A: I'm going to have to give you a ticket.
A:我将不得不给你开一个罚单。
B: I'm a broke college student.
B:我是个一文不名的大学生。
A: And I'm a broke police officer. Deal with it.
A:我是个一文不名的警官。成交。
B: Can't you just let me off with a warning?
B:难道你不能只是给我个警告然后让我走吗?
A: No way. I have to be firm with you.
A:没门。我必须严格对你。
B: I'll buy you a box of donuts.
B:我会给你买一盒甜甜圈。
A: You have got to be kidding me.
A:你在开玩笑吧。
B: I thought all cops liked donuts.
B:我以为所有的警察都喜欢甜甜圈。
A: That's a stereotype. You should really learn to be quiet.
A:这是偏见。你真的应该学会保持安静。
B: I'll stay quiet if you let me off with a warning。
B:如果你只是给我个警告并让我走,我就会保持安静。