I'll treat the infection by putting medication in the tooth with a temporary filling until your next appointment.
在牙齿里放上药物进行治疗。至下次预约治疗之前先暂时填补上。
Will the tooth be alright?
那么牙齿行吗?
Your tooth may be uncomfortable for a while.
你的牙齿可能暂时并不舒服,
I'll write you a prescription for it. You might need it.
我会给你开个处方,可能用得着。
What do you do after that, Doctor?
医生,以后怎么办呢?
After the infection is gone I'll fill the canal with either a silver point or gutta-percha.
等到感染解决了以后我就要用银子或者牙胶把根管补上。
The filling will seal the canal and prevent it from becoming infected again. .
补了以后就可以把根管封住,不再受到感染。
It may take three or more appointments to finish the treatment
可能需要预约治疗3次或多一些就可以完成治疗。
If that's what has to be done to save the tooth, please go ahead. I don't want to lose it.
假如保住牙齿需要这样做的话,那就做吧,我不想失掉这颗牙齿。
That's a very wise decision.
你的决定是明智的。
There are also other things you should know before I begin.
在我开始治疗之前还有些事你是需要知道的。
A tooth with a root canal filling isn't as strong as an ordinary tooth.
牙管填补过的牙齿并不像普通牙齿那么结实,
It incomes brittle, and the tooth enamel is more likely to fracture.
而是变得脆了,牙釉质变得容易碎裂。
Has this happened to my tooth?
我的这颗牙齿是不是到了这种地步?
A large Part of your tooth has already been lost because of decay.
你这颗牙齿大部分已经因为龋坏的关系脱落了。
It will be necessary to make a gold crown for the tooth to give it strength.
需要在这颗牙齿上面镶上金子,用以加强它。
It will also be necessary to insert a gold post (dowel) into the tooth.
还要在牙齿里面嵌入金钉。
Why do you put a gold post into my tooth?
为什么在我的牙齿里面要塞入金钉?
The gold post will build up enough of the tooth to hold the gold crown securely.
有了金钉就可以把金牙冠支持住,安全得多。
This plastic model will show you how it will be done.
看这个塑料模型就知道怎么个做法。
Is there anything else I should know about this treatment?
有关这次治疗方面我还该懂得些什么?
There's one more thing that you should know. Sometimes endodontic treatment isn't successful.
还有一点你是该知道的,有时牙髓疗法并不成功。
With the best possible treatment, the tooth may become infected again.
就算尽量把它治好,也有再次受到感染的可能。
I wouldn't worry about it. Chances for success are better than 95%.
可是我并不担心,因为城的机会占95%以上。
Maybe it would be better to extract the tooth.
可能还是拔了好些。
I can't make this decision for you. You'll have to decide for yourself.
我不能替你决定,要靠你自己决定。
I don't know which is better. What do you recommend?
我不知道拔还是不拔好。你出主意吧。
I don't recommend extraction.
我不主张拔,
You should do everything possible to save the tooth. If the tooth is extracted a bridge will be needed.
应当想尽办法把牙齿保住。假如拔了牙就要做上一个桥。
What does that entail?
那需要些什么?
Gold crowns would have to be made for the teeth next to the space to hold the bridge.
在间隙两边的牙齿上必须做上金牙冠,用来支撑住桥。
It would be necessary to "grind down" the size of these abutment teeth to prepare them for crowns.
需要将作桥墩的牙磨掉一些,准备套上金牙冠。
A bridge would be very expensive. I don't think that it's necessary.
做桥很花钱,我想没有必要。
I'll take your advice, Doctor. Please try to save the tooth.
我听你的意见。那么请你尽量把牙齿保住吧。