3. How to Collect Unemployment Benefits
3.如何领取失业救济金
A: Hello. What are you doing here?
A:你好。你在这里干什么?
B: Hi! I lost my job, so here I am at the EDD.
B:嗨!我失去了我的工作,所以我在EDD这里。
A: That's rough. I lost my job three months ago.
A:这很艰苦。三个月前我失去了我的工作。
B: I didn't know that. Maybe you can help me apply.
B:我不知道。也许你可以帮我申请。
A: Sure, I can help. You just need some basic information about your job history.
A:当然,我可以帮助你。你只是需要一些关于你的工作历史的基本的信息。
B: I have that information for the company I last worked for.
B:我有我去年工作过的公司的信息。
A: They ask for information on all places you worked for the last 18 months.
A:他们需要你在过去18个月工作过的所有地方的信息。
B: I can get that. What else do they ask?
B:我可以得到。他们还问什么?
A: Name, residence, addresses, that kind of stuff, and most importantly, why you're not working.
A:名字、住所、地址,类似这种东西,最重要的是,你为什么不工作。
B: You mean if I quit, or was fired.
B:你的意思是我辞职了,或者被解雇了。
A: Yes, and be truthful. They will call your former employers.
A:是的,要诚实。他们会打电话给你的前雇主。
B: Thanks. That helps a lot.
B:谢谢。你帮助我很多。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习和交流使用,未经允许不得转载