Conversation
对话
Have you seen this?
你看过这则报道了吗?
What?
什么?
They killed another hostage.
他们又杀了一个人质。
Oh, how awful.
噢,太可怕了。
What a terrible thing to do.
这种事真令人发指。
I agree completely.
我完全同意。
I just don't understand what's wrong with them.
我真是搞不懂他们有什么毛病。
Don't they have any humanity?
他们一点人性都没有吗?
Well, maybe they've got a point.
哦,也许他们有他们的道理。
I mean, I suspect that they think the same about us.
我猜他们的想法就跟我们一样。
Yes, but that doesn't make them right, does it?
是,不过这并不表示他们是对的。
Just because they think so?
他们只因为想这么做,就可以这么做吗?
I guess not.
当然不是。
My view is that we should give in to their demands, so that innocent people can stop getting killed.
我的意思是,我们应该接受他们的要求,这样无辜的人就不会被杀了。
Come on, you can't be serious!
拜托,你不是说真的吧?
We should never give in to terrorist's demands, otherwise where would we be?
我们绝对不能接受恐怖分子的要求,否则我们怎么办?
Well, that's probably true, but I don't think we should be dogmatic about it.
嗯,这么说也许没错,不过我觉得我们不应该固执己见。
A colleague of mine was kidnapped once, so perhaps I have a different view of things.
我有一位同事被绑架过,所以我对于事情的看法可能不太一样。
Really? What happened?
真的吗?怎么回事?
Well, it was in the Balkans during the war.
嗯,那时候巴尔干半岛在打仗。
He was only held for three days, and then they simply released him.
他只被挟持了3天,然后就被释放了。
It was a case of mistaken identity, and they just let him go when they found out he was no use to them.
他们认错了人,所以等他们发现他没什么用处时,就把他给放了。
It was lucky they didn't kill him.
所幸他们没有杀了他。
Oh, sure.
噢,是啊。