视频文本如下:
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
We have already learned a few tree-related idioms such as "go out on a limb" and "barking up the wrong tree."
我们已经学到过一些跟树有关的习语,比如"担风险”"攻击错了对象”。
Here is another one for you:
今天还要学习另一个相关例子。
BRANCH OUT
长出枝条
Hey! Have you tried the new Thai Restaurant across the street?
嘿!你去过对面那家新开的泰国菜餐厅了么?
It's so good!
味道好极了!
Oh,I did notice that today.
哦,我今天注意到了。
But I've never tried Thai food before.
但是我从来没吃过泰国菜。
It would probably be too spicy for me.
可能对我来说太辣了。
What? You should branch out and give it a try sometime!
什么?你有时应该扩大范围,尝试不同的东西。
I guess I should branch out a liitle more and try different food.
我想我也应该扩大选择范围,尝试不同的食物。
A branch is part of a tree that grows from the trunk or even from another branch.
枝条是树的一部分,从树干或其他枝干生长而来。
To" branch out" means to try new things.
"长出枝条”意味着尝试新事物。
Think of a tree growing a whold new limb.
试想一棵树上新生出一条树枝。
In Jonathan's case, he decides to branch out and try Thai food.
乔纳森的例子里,他决定第一次尝试泰国菜。
And that's English in a Minute!
本期《一分钟英语》栏目就到这里了,感谢收听!