16. Missing Connecting Flight
16.错过航班
A: I missed my connecting flight to Washington D.C.
A:我错过了华盛顿航班。
B: How did you miss your flight?
B:你是怎么错过你的航班的?
A: I was sitting in the airport bar and I lost track of time.
A:我坐在机场酒吧忘记了时间。
B: Well, that's not really our fault.
B:嗯,那不是我们的错。
A: Fine, but what can you do for me?
A:好,但你能为我做什么吗?
B: I can put you on the stand-by list.
B:我可以把写你在备用名单上。
A: What does that mean?
A:这是什么意思?
B: It means that if there are empty seats on the next flight out, you can get on.
B:这就意味着如果下一个航班上有空位,你可以得到。
A: What if there are no seats?
A:如果没有座位呢?
B: You can buy another ticket.
B:你可以买另一张机票。
A: I didn't even buy the first ticket.
A:我甚至都不曾买第一张机票。
B: I guess you have to buy a ticket.
B:我想你必须要买一张机票。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习和交流使用,未经允许不得转载