视频文本如下:
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
A lot of idioms in American English come from sports.
美语中大量习语来源于体育。
Here is one that comes from baseball:
下面的习语就是个例子:
Keep your eye on the ball
集中精力
Let's learn how to use this expression when not talking about sports.
让我们来学习如何在不谈论体育的情况下使用这个表达吧。
Hey, Jonathan!
嗨,乔纳森!
How is your Arabic class going?
你的阿拉伯语课上的怎么样啦?
It's going okay.
还不错。
I'm not studying as much as I should be.
不过我并没有很努力地学习。
Jonathan, you had better keep your eye on the ball if you want to win that scholarship to study in Egypt.
乔纳森,你最好集中精力好好学习,如果你真想赢得奖学金,去埃及读书的话。
Study harder!
加把劲儿!
I know. I know. You're right.
我知道。我知道。你说的对。
To "keep your eye on the ball" means to keep your attention on something important to you, usually to reach a goal.
"集中精力"表示,集中注意力在某件对你来说重要的事情上,通常是为了实现某个目标。
This idiom can be used in all situations.
这个习语适用于任何情况。
In our example, Anna tells Jonathan he needs to keep his eye on the ball if he wants to get a scholarship.
在今天的例子中,安娜告诉乔纳森,他需要集中精力,如果想要拿到奖学金。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》!