Recycling
再循环利用
A: Recycling is big business these days, isn't it?
A:近来再循环是一项巨大的业务,是吗?
B: Yes, it's definitely a growing business.
B:是,它的确是一项欣欣向荣的业务。
A: What do you recycle in your plant?
A:你们工厂循环利用什么?
B:Mainly plastics. Plastics aren’t bio degradable - they don’t break down easily in the environment - so they shouldn't be thrown away.
B:主要是塑料制品。塑料制品不能生物降解,它们在外界不容易分解,因此不应该扔掉。
A: How is plastic recycled, then?
A:那么是怎么对塑料制品进行循环利用的?
B: Well, there are basically two methods. One is to break down the chemicals in the plastic into smaller chemical particles. These can then be used in the production of new chemicals.
B:哦,基本上有两种方法。一种方式是将其塑料中的化学材料分解成小的化学微粒。然后这些微粒就可以用来生产新的化工品。
A:Is that the method you use here?
A:你们这里使用这种方式吗?
B: No, we don't do that here. We recycle polyethylene and we make it into other products.
B:不,我们这里不这样做。我们对聚乙烯再循环利用,而且我们将其做成其他产品。
A: How do you do that?
A:那你们怎么做?
B:By melting it down and then reforming it. Our main products are bin liners for kitchen bins and carrier bags for supermarkets.
B:将其融化并重新造型。我们的主要产品是厨房料斗用的衬垫和超市的购物袋。