Smith: Where is your hometown?
史密斯:你的家乡在哪里?
Li Tian: I am from a small town in Hunan.
李甜:我来自湖南的一个小镇。
Smith: Why do you stay in Beijing, instead of going back to you home town?
史密斯:为什么选择留在北京,而不是回家乡工作?
Li Tian: I choose Beijing because Beijing is an international city. My future will be changed by it.
李甜:我选择北京因为她是一座国际化都市。她会改变我的未来。
Smith: We can't give you a Beijing Hukou.
史密斯:我们可不能给你解决北京的户口。
Li Tian: That's all right. What I value most is this position rather than Beijing Hukou.
李甜:没有关系。我最看重的不是北京的户口,而是这一份工作。
Smith: Without a Hukou in Beijing, your life may become not so convenient.
史密斯:没有北京户口,你的生活可能没有那么便利。
Li Tian: Yes, that's true. However, I always have solutions.
李甜:那倒是真的。不过我总会有办法的。
Smith: You can give me an example.
史密斯:你可以给我举个例子。
Li Tian: When I need to buy a car, I can get my license plated in other provinces.
李甜:当我需要买车的时候,我可以去外地上牌照。