Karen:Martin, who are you going to vote for?
克伦:马丁,你准备给谁投票?
Martin:You mean for president?
马丁:你的意思是总统?
Karen:Yes.
克伦:是的。
Martin:I'm not sure yet.
马丁:我还没确定呢。
Karen: You should make up your mind soon. The election is next month.
克伦:你应该赶快做决定。选举在下个月。
Martin: Yes, I know. I hear about it every day on the news.
马丁:是的,我知道。我每天听新闻时都能听到关于这个的消息。
Karen: I'm going to vote for Obama.
克伦:我要为奥巴马投票。
Martin: I think he is a good choice, but I think McCain would make a good president also.
马丁:我觉得他是个不错的选择,但我觉得麦凯恩也可以成一个好总统。
Karen: I know. They're both good. It's hard to decide. McCain is older but he has more experience. Obama seems to have a lot of good ideas, but some people say he wants to raise taxes.
克伦:我知道。他们俩都很好,真的很难做决定。麦凯恩年龄比较大,但是他经验比较丰富。奥巴马有很多好主意,但有人说他想要提高税收。
Martin: I heard he wants to lower taxes. It's hard to know what the truth is. That's the reason I really don't pay attention to politics.
马丁:我听说他想降低税收。知道真相真的很难。这就是为什么我不在乎政治的原因。
Karen: Yes, it can be frustrating, but it's important and it's interesting to watch.
克伦:是的,有时会让人很沮丧,但是关注政治很重要也很有趣。