手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 品牌英语口语 > 2分钟英语口语课堂 > 正文

2分钟英语口语课堂(视频+中英文本) 第98期:历史人物 Historical Figures

来源:可可英语 编辑:ivy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Talking About Gandhi

讨论甘地
Kate: Hey, John! What are you reading?
凯特:嘿,约翰!你在读什么?
John: I'm reading a book on Gandhi.
约翰:我在看一本关于甘地的书。
Kate: Oh! Is it good ?
凯特:奥!好看吗?
John: Yeah, it's really good. Gandhi inspires me deeply. He led India to independence.
约翰:好看,这本书很好。我深受甘地的启发。他领导印度独立。
Kate: Well, that must've been hard.
凯特:那一定肯艰难。
John: It was hard. But do you know he didn't use any force or weapons? He just believed in non-violent civil disobedience.
约翰:很艰难。但是你知道吗?他们有使用任何军队和武器。他相信非暴力不合作的原则。
Kate: That's inspiring. If only there were more people like him these days!
凯特:很受启发,如果现在有更多像他一样的人就好了。
Talking About Thomas Edison
谈论托马斯爱迪生
Kate: Hey Chris, I need your help with something.
凯特:嘿,克丽丝,我需要你的帮助。
Chris: Sure! What is it?
克丽丝:没问题,什么事?
Kate: We were having a Science class and my teacher asked me about Edison. I didn't know anything about him so I got really embarrassed.
凯特:我们上科学课的时候老师问我关于爱迪生的问题,我对他一点都不了解,所以我尴尬死了。
Chris: That's bad, Kate. He's such a popular historical figure.
克丽丝:太糟糕了,凯特。他很受人们欢迎的历史人物啊。
Kate: I'm not good in History. Who was he?
凯特:我历史不好,他是谁啊?
Chris: Thomas Alva Edison. The guy invented electricity, Kate!
克丽丝:托马斯·阿尔瓦·爱迪生,那个发明灯泡的人啊,凯特!
Kate: Oh, great! I'm even more embarrassed now.
凯特:太好了!我现在更尴尬了。
Talking About Abraham Lincoln
讨论亚伯拉罕·林肯
Chris: Hey John! I heard you were reading a book about Gandhi.
克丽丝:嘿,约翰!听说你在看一本关于甘地的书。
John: Yes, I was. But I want to read more about Abraham Lincoln now. Do you know anything about him?
约翰:是的,我看过。但是我现在想看一些关于亚伯拉罕·林肯的书,你知道他吗?
Chris: Of course! He is my favorite president.在他被刺杀后
克丽丝:当然,他是我最喜欢的总统了。
John: He's everyone's favorite president I guess. The whole country was in shock after his assassination.
约翰:我想他是每个人最爱的总统。在他被刺杀后全国都震惊了。
Chris: I can only imagine the commotion after the shock. What's sad is that he was killed by an actor.
克丽丝:我能想象刺杀事件后的慌乱情景。他被一名演员杀害了,太伤心了。
John: I know. That's really sad. John Wilkes Booth, right?
约翰:我知道,真是很难过。约翰温克彭斯,是吗?
Chris: That's right. Hey, did you watch the latest movie about Lincoln?
克丽丝:是的。嘿,你看了最新的关于林肯的电影了吗?
John: I did. It's awesome. Daniel Day-Lewis is an inspiration for us actors.
约翰:我看了。非常棒。丹尼尔·戴-刘易斯是我们演员的灵感
Chris: He's amazing. I'll watch it this weekend.
克丽丝:他太棒了,我这周会看的。
Talking About Mother Teresa
谈论德蕾莎修女
Kate: Hey Bob, tell me the name of a historical figure you admire.
凯特:嘿,鲍勃,跟我说谁你最敬佩的历史人物吧。
Bob: Just like that?! Hmm...okay...I know: Mother Teresa!
鲍勃:就这样?呃……好的…我最敬佩德蕾莎修女。
Kate: Who was she?
凯特:他是谁?
Bob: You don't know?! Well, she was a nun and a missionary. She devoted herself to working among the really poor people.
鲍勃:你不知道?好吧,他是一名修女,也是传教士。他致力于帮助贫穷的人民。
Kate: Where was she from? And when was she born?
凯特:他是哪里人?他什么时候出生的?
Bob: Gee! Gimme a break. I'm not Google. But why do you ask?
鲍勃:天!等一下,我又不是百度知道,但是你为什么问这些?
Kate: Just asking. I need to learn more about historical figures.
凯特:就是问问,我需要了解更多的历史人物。
Bob: Oh, I see. What you need is to read more, girl!
鲍勃:哦,我知道了。你需要的是多读书,姑娘!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
popular ['pɔpjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的

联想记忆
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
devoted [di'vəutid]

想一想再看

adj. 投入的,深爱的 v. 投入 vbl. 投入

联想记忆
assassination [ə.sæsi'neiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 暗杀

 
inspiring [in'spaiəriŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人振奋的,激励人的,鼓舞人心的

 
inspiration [.inspə'reiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 灵感,吸入,鼓舞人心(的东西)

联想记忆
commotion [kə'məuʃən]

想一想再看

n. 骚动,暴乱,喧闹

联想记忆
independence [.indi'pendəns]

想一想再看

n. 独立,自主,自立

 
embarrassed [im'bærəst]

想一想再看

adj. 尴尬的,局促不安的,拮据的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。