Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
The sky is very far away.
天空离我们非常遥远。
So, what could this idiom mean? The Sky's The Limit.
那么这个习语是什么意思呢?The Sky's The Limit
That baseball game yesterday was amazing.
昨天的棒球比赛太精彩了。
But I just can't believe the Nationals came back for the win.
但是我还是不能相信国民队能获胜。
I know, right? That was shocking.
我知道。确实太令人震惊了。
With the new players this year, I feel the sky's the limit for this team.
今年有一些新球员加盟,我觉得这支队前途无量。
Yeah... I wouldn't put my hopes that high.
是的...不过我不会期望太高。
If the sky is the limit, there is a lot of hope and opportunity for someone or something.
如果天空是极限,那么就是说对某人或某事来说很有希望和机会。
So if someone says the sky is the limit for you,
因此,如果有人说你前途无量,
they believe with your talent and skill, you can accomplish anything.
那就是他们相信你的天赋和技能,你能做到任何事情。
In our example, Jonathan believes the sky's the limit for his favorite baseball team this year.
在我们的例子当中,Jonathan认为今年他最喜爱的球队很有前途。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。