Welcome to English in a minute.
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Fishing is a favorite American activity.
钓鱼是美国人最爱的活动之一。
So what do you think this American idiom might mean? Fishing for Compliments
所以你觉得这个美语习语会是什么意思呢?拐弯抹角地谋求恭维
I got my hair cut last night, but I'm not sure how it looks. I feel like it's too short.
我昨晚把我的头发剪了,不知道看起来怎样。我感觉太短了。
Please! You look great... But that's nothing new.
拜托,你看起来很好...就是没什么特别的。
Stop fishing for compliments, because you know your hair always looks fantastic!
不要拐弯抹角地谋求恭维了,因为你知道你的头发一直看起来都很好。
A compliment is something good you say about a person, or a thing.
表扬是指我们谈论人或事的优点。
Fishing for compliment means you are looking for someone to say good things about you, or something you have done.
Fishing for compliment的意思是你希望某人对你或者你做过的事说好话。
This phrase is used between friends. But sometimes people say it in a mean way about someone.
这个短语会在朋友之间使用。但是有时候,当谈论某人时,人们会以一种刻薄的方式来用它。
And that's English in a minute.
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!