Welcome to English in a minute.
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Doing something "on the spot" means doing something right now.
当场做某事的意思就是立即做某事。
For example, someone could offer you a job "on the sport" right after meeting you.
例如,某人会在见你之后,当场就聘用你。
But let's see if we can figure out this expression. Put Someone on the Spot
但是让我们看看这个表达是什么意思。令人难堪
Hey, Jonathan, how was your meeting with Christina?
嘿,乔纳森,你和克里斯蒂娜的会议怎么样?
She asked me how I thought she was doing with the new project.
她问我对她现在做的新项目有什么看法。
Well, that's direct. I know.
真的很直接啊。
She really put me on the spot. I actually think she could be doing a lot better.
她真的令我很难堪。其实我觉得她可以做得更好。
To "put someone on the spot" means to put them in a tough or uncomfortable situation.
令人难堪指的就是把某人置于一个困难、不舒适的情形下。
Usually it means demanding an immediate answer or action.
通常其意为命令某人立即给出答复或反应。
And that's English in a minute.
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!