Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
This expression sounds like a violent way of eating.
这个表达听起来像是一种粗鲁的吃饭方式。
But it's actually not always about eating. Sink your teeth into
但是它并不总是与吃有关。全身心投入
Here is your Russian book, Anna. Thanks for letting me borrow it!
安娜,这是你的俄语书。谢谢你借给我。
Oh, are you done with level 1 already?
哦,你已经学完了一级?
Yeah, I finished last week. And I've already finished level 2!
嗯,我上周就学完了。我把二级也学完了!
Wow, you are really sinking your teeth into learning Russian!
哇哦,你学俄语可真是努力啊!
Well, I just want to impress my new friend.
嗯,我想给我的新朋友留下印象。
To "sink your teeth into" something can mean to take a very large bite of food.
“sink your teeth into”某件事可以是指吃一大口食物。
But as an idiom, it means to become very involved and interested in something new.
但是作为习语来讲,它的意思是对某件新事物特别感兴趣。
You might sink your teeth into a book, a new project at work, or, in Jonathan's case, learning a language!
你或许会沉迷于一本书、工作中的一项新工程,或者像乔纳森一样,沉迷于一种语言!
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!