I don't have the gut to ask her out.
我没有勇气邀请她出来
gut 勇气
I should have the gut to do what I want to do.
我应该有勇气做自己想做的事情。
It takes guts to start a new business on your own.
自己开公司是需要勇气的。
A:Hi,Jane,is Sophia coming with us?
嗨,简,索菲亚和我们一起去吗?
B:Yes.Why?
是啊,怎么了?
A:Nothing.I'm just asking.
没什么,我随便问问。
B:Just asking?But why is your face burning like mad?Ah-huh,I've heard that someone is running after Sophia.
随便问问?那你的脸为什么这么红?哦,我听说有人在追索菲亚,是吗?
A:Who is running after her?
谁在追索菲亚?
B:Come on,John,don't be such a chicken.If you like her,you've got to tell her.Maybe she likes you.
约翰,不要这么胆小。如果你喜欢她,就去告诉她。没准她也喜欢你呢!
A:But I don't have the gut to ask her out.
但是我没有勇气邀请她出来。
B:What're you so afraid of?
你到底在害怕什么?
A:I'd totally die if she turned me down.
如果她拒绝我我会死掉的。
B:But that's better than keeping everything to yourself.You've got to let her know.Come on!You've got to take a chance.
但是那也比闷在肚子里想要强啊,你应该让她知道,快点吧,你应该抓住机会。
A:I don't know...Well,maybe,you're right.
我不知道...恩...也许你说的对。