E08.Introducing Chinese food to foreigner
向老外介绍中国美食
对话场景
南京新街口有一家上海餐厅非常的棒,Elvin想把他最爱的上海菜介绍给新来的外教Kate。
There is an awesome shanghai restaurant in Nanjing Xinjiekou. Elvin wants to introduce his favorite cuisine — Shanghai cuisine to new foreign teacher Kate.
Elvin:Kate, I ordered some famous local Shanghai dishes for you to try today.
(Kate,我点了一些有名的上海菜,今天给你尝尝。)
Kate:Thank you, Elvin. They all look amazing!
(谢谢,David。看起来真棒!)
Elvin:Let's start with some appetizers. This one is smoked fish and the other one is seitan. Dig in!
(我们先从开胃菜开始吧。这道是熏鱼,那道是烤麸。快开动吧!)
Kate:They're both delicious! I love the sweet flavor.
(两个都很好吃!我特别喜欢甜的口味。)
Elvin:Then you're in for a treat! Shanghai food is pretty big on sweet soy flavor.
(那你今天会大饱口福!上海菜有很多红烧口味。)
Kate:I see. Is that pork?
(这样啊。那个是猪肉吗?)
Elvin:Yes. It's actually the most famous Shanghai dish: soy braised pork. Try some.
(是的。那道其实是最有名的上海菜:红烧肉。你尝尝。)
Kate:I like it. But it's a bit too fatty.
(嗯,我喜欢。但是有点太肥了。)
Elvin:Well, have some tea and try some squirrel fish.
(那喝点茶吧,再尝尝松鼠桂鱼。)
Kate:Squirrel fish?
(松鼠鱼?)
Elvin:Oh, it's the name of the dish. It's fish, not squirrel. It has a sweet and sour sauce.
(噢,其实它只是菜名。是鱼肉,不是松鼠肉。酸甜口味的。)
Elvin, hands down, this is my favorite dish!
(毫无疑问,Elvin,这道是我今天最喜欢的菜。)
Kate:Great! Have more!
(太棒了!多吃点!)