E14.To tip or not to tip
给小费
对话场景
Elvin下周要去美国,听说美国是个小费国家,于是问David一些关于小费的问题。
Elvin is going to America next week. So,he asked David some questions about tipping.
Elvin:David, do you have a minute?
(David,你有时间吗?)
David:Sure. What's up?
(有啊,怎么啦?)
Elvin:I'm going to the States next week. I've been meaning to ask you about tipping.
(我下周要去美国。我想问问你关于小费的一些问题。)
David:Well, you should always tip if you go to restaurants. Unless you're going to fast food chains.
(哦,如果你去餐厅的话,肯定要给小费,除非是去连锁快餐店。)
Elvin:How much should I tip?
(那要给多少呢?)
David:That depends on the type of restaurants you go to. But usually 15 percent. You might need to tip more if you are at a really fancy place. Oh, make sure you don't tip with coins. It's considered rude.
(这要看你去的是哪一类餐厅了。一般来说嘛,15%。如果是特别高级的餐厅。那就要多给一点了。还有,别用硬币当小费。会给人不礼貌的感觉。)
Elvin:Ok. What about taxi drivers? Do I need to tip them?
(知道了。哎,那出租司机呢?要给他们小费吗?)
David:Usually if it's small change, you just let them keep it. But you don't need to give them extra tips.
(一般来说,如果找零很少的话,你就给他们,不用找了。不过也不用给额外的小费。)
Elvin:Ok. That's good to know. Thanks for your help!
(好。我知道了。谢谢你帮忙啊!)
David:No worries. Anytime. Have a great trip!
(没关系。随时来问。旅途愉快!)
发音打磨