It's quite a ways.
它有点儿远。
It's quite a ways.
挺远的;相当远
That's quite a long ways from here,isn't it?
那离这里挺远的,不是吗?
"a ways"是美式英语的说法,可以解释为“a long distance”。“a ways”也可以写成“a way”或者“a long ways”。
A:Excuse me.Do you know where I can find the nearest ICBC?
打扰一下。您知道最近的工商银行在哪里吗?
B:Yes,but it's quite a ways.
知道,不过有点远。
A:Do I need to take a bus?
要乘坐公共汽车吗?
B:This bus doesn't take you directly there.You'd have to change buses twice.I suggest you walk.It'll take you less than 20minutes.
这路公共汽车不能直达。您要换两次车。我建议您步行去。不到二十分钟就到了。
A:How do I get there on foot?
步行怎么走?
B:Go straight ahead through the intersection.
一直往前走。穿过十字路口。
A:Wait,let me write down...Alright,I'm ready.
等等,让我记下来。好了,我准备好了。
B:Keep walking till you pass the square,then turn right.Walk past two lights and turn left at the third.
一直往前走,过了 广场后右拐。走过两个红绿灯后,到第三个往左拐。
A:Square...turn right...traffic lights...And then?
广场.....右拐.....红绿灯....然后呢?
B:Keep walking and look for a tall building.
继续走,找一幢高楼。
A:Tall building....Which side is the building on?
高楼...这幢高楼在哪里呢?
B:The right side.ICBC should be on the first floor.
右边。工商银行应该就在这幢楼的一层。
A:Thank you very much.
非常感谢。
B:You're welcome.
不客气。