-How could we have all forgotten about this?
我们怎么能把这个全忘了呢?
-We didn't exactly forget, it's just usually when the hostess dies the party's off.
我们不是忘了,只是通常如果主人去世了,派对也就不开了。
今日知识点:
1、“不进行了”
① The party is off.
派对不办了/取消了。
② The wedding is off.
婚礼不办了/取消了。
2、“下班、放学”(因为休息,放假或者请假)不用上学、上班。
① We're off today because the roads are closed from the snowstorm.
我们今天不上班,因为暴雪道路都关闭了。
② I'm taking some time off work so I can relax and relieve my stress.
我现在在休假几天,这样我可以休息几天,缓解我的压力。
③ I'm off today.
我今天不上班。
④ I'm off these days.
最近我不上班。
⑤ I'm off now.
我现在下班了。
⑥ When are you going to be off?
你几点下班啊?
⑦ I'm off work.
我下班了。
3、“降价”
① I got this bookcase for 50% off because it's slightly damaged on the side.这个书架我是5折买的,侧面有点小瑕疵。
10% off
九折
70% off
三折
② Do you want to go to Burger Palace? I have a coupon for $5 off any appetizer.
你想去Burger Palace吗?我有一张优惠券,每个小吃都可以省5块钱。
appetizer
小菜,前菜
4、“不在状态,不如平时好”
① Her grades have been off ever since she met that guy. She hardly studies anymore.
自从她遇到了那个男生,她的成绩就不好了。她几乎都不学习了。
② A: I don't know why I'm making so many mistakes.
不知道我为什会犯这么多错误。
B: You're just having an off day. I'm sure you'll be better tomorrow.
你今天就是不在状态而已。明天肯定就没事啦。
英文“不在状态”还可以说:
I'm kind off today.
我今天你不在状态。
I haven't been myself lately.
我最近不在状态。
I'm not myself today.
我今天不在状态。