非常难受
It's killing me that I'm not gonna see my girlfriend for a year.
一年见不到我女友就好像要杀了我。
My work is killing me.
我的工作让我很难受。
My boss is killing me.
我的老板让我很难受。
My shoes are killing me.
我的鞋让我很不舒服。
② It's tearing me up inside
柔肠寸断/让我难受
This breakup is tearing me up inside. I don't know if I'll ever be happy.
这个分手让我伤心欲绝,我不知道我还能不能快乐起来了。
③ I'm dying on the inside
内心灰暗了、受折磨、伤心欲绝
Harry looks happy but he's dying on the inside. The divorce really hit him hard.
Harry看起来很开心,但其实他伤心极了。他的离婚给了他很大的打击。
Hit someone hard
给人沉重的打击
④ I can't stop thinking about it
满脑子都是、纠结、挥之不去
I can't stop thinking about her.
我总是想她。
I can't stop thinking about work.
我满脑子都是工作。
I can't stop thinking about math.
我满脑子都是数学。
⑤ It's on my mind all the time
满脑子都是、纠结、挥之不去
What he said is on my mind all the time. I can't believe that's how he feels about me.
他说的话我一直挥之不去,我无法相信他是这么看待我的。
I can't stop thinking about what he just said.
他说的话我一直挥之不去。
让人失眠、辗转反侧
Our startup is keeping me up at night.
我们的创业公司让我辗转反侧。
My relationship troubles with Rick is keeping me up at night.
我和Rick的情感问题让我无法入眠。
⑦ I'm losing sleep over it
失眠、辗转反侧
My best friend has been losing sleep over his financial situation lately.
最近我最好的朋友总因为经济问题失眠。