知识点笔记:
Virgo are born between August 23 and September 22 and have the maiden as their symbol.
处女座的人出生于8月23日至9月22日之间,并以处女为他们的标志。
Virgo [ˈvɜːrɡoʊ] 处女座
拿来就用句式:
Virgo are born between August 23 and September 22.
处女座的人出生于8月23日至9月22日之间。
Virgo have the maiden as their symbol.
处女座以处女为他们的标志。
Virgo have a sense of duty to help and will always work for the greater good.
处女座有一种帮助他人的责任感,并且总是为了全局利益而努力。
A sense of duty to 一种责任感
Politicians should have a sense of duty to the people and not large corporations.
政治家应该对人民有责任感,而不是对大公司。
Chinese people have a sense of duty to their family for their entire lives. It's in the culture.
中国人一生都有一种对家庭的责任感。这是文化使然。
For the greater good 为了全局利益
I don't want to lose Joe, but we have to let him go for the greater good of the company.
我不想失去Joe,但是为了公司的全局利益,我们必须让他走。
We'll put away our rivalry and work together for the greater good.
我们将抛开竞争,为了更大的利益而共同努力。
They are kind and supportive. Serving others brings them great joy.
他们善良,助人为乐。服务他人会给他们带来巨大的快乐。
Supportive [səˈpɔːrtɪv] 支持的,赞助的
My parents were supportive of me starting my own business.
我父母当初支持我自己创业。
I'm so lucky to have a supportive friend like you. You're always there for me in my time of need.
我很幸运有你这样支持我的朋友。在我需要帮助的时候,你总是在我身边。
Serve others 服务他人
Volunteering makes me feel good. I've found purpose in serving others.
做志愿者让我感觉很好。我在为他人服务中找到了目标。
I became a nurse to serve others. It's my calling in life.
我当护士是为了服务他人。这是我人生的使命。
Bring someone great joy 给某人来巨大的快乐
Call your grandma whenever you have time. It brings her great joy to hear from you.
你有时间就给你奶奶个打电话。听到你的来电会让她非常高兴的。
I don't have much in life, but the PC I built brings me great joy.
我生活中拥有的东西不多,但是我自己装的这个电脑给我带来了很多的乐趣。